After a 6 year break, this is my second marine set up, at around 1000 ltr (the first was in Germany with a 450 ltr), but I still love this hobby. The setup includes lots of corals as Fungia (disc / plate coral), Acanthastrea (fleshy brain) favia, Acroprora (staghorn), Anthelia (waving hand), blastomussa_merliti (posie coral), capnella cladiella (colt coral), Catalaphyllia jardinei (elegance coral), caulastrea (candycane), favities (closed brain), Goniopora (Coral) 3 Clams, 1 Urchin and lots of live rock in the Tank 1 Nudibranch, 2 Tropical Abalone, 1 Blue Tang, 1 Coral Beauty, 1 Scopas Tang, 1 Sailfin Tang 1 pair of Clarkies, one pair of Ocellaris, 1 striped Goby, one pair of banded Shrimps, 3 red handed Shrimps, several other mini Shrimps, 3 Fiji blue Damsels and 5 other Damsels (to be identified) and approx 10-15 other slugs and crabs or something like it.
Hope you all have fun reading and seeing it.
System Objectives: Nice-looking good growing Show Tank
System Type: Mixed Reef
- Strike up Date: April 2009
- Display Tank: 2300cm x 65cm x65cm.
- Display Lighting: 16x39watt 6 blue rest white, T5 1x54watt T5, 1x 58watt T8 blue for Moonlight
- Stand: Steel covered with wood.
- Hood: Wood covered 2300cm x 70cm x 17cm.
- Sump: 1500cm x 50cm x50cm
- Refugium: 37.5cm x 50cm x 50cm
- Refugium Lighting: 1x39Watt T8 + 2 x Globes 15 watt energy saving lights
- System Water: Natural salt water
- Display Water circulation: 2x Tunze Turbelle
- Return Pump:Powerhead 5000
- Skimmer: Tunze Classic DOC Skimmer 9210
- Evaporation Top Up: manual at this stage
- Other Equipment : Teco TC20 Chiller incl UV light and Heater. Sulphur Reactor
- Calcium Addition: calcium reactor Schuran jet
- Alkilinity Addition: calcium reactor Schuran jet
- Other Chemical Maintenance: Growtech Tec III NG pumps to dose the rest which is need as 3ml per day
Current Water Chemistry:
- Nitrates: 5
- Phosphates: 0
- Alkalinity: 0
- Calcium: 430
- Salinity / Specific Gravity: 0.24